NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS NZ & AU TOUR 2017
Following their #1 ARIA chart debut for new album ‘Skeleton Tree’, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds have announced that they will be touring their biggest and boldest production ever to Australia and New Zealand in January 2017.
The tour starts on Friday 13th January in Hobart, and then the first mainland show is a special outdoor performance on the banks of Lake Wendouree in Ballarat on Sunday January 15th, which will see both Warren Ellis and Nick Cave returning to the area of regional Victoria they grew up in. From there the band plays signature venues in all the major cities across Australia and New Zealand with two dates scheduled for both Sydney and Melbourne.
The NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS touring band line up in 2017 features Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, Martyn Casey, Thomas Wydler, Jim Sclavunos, Conway Savage, George Vjestica and Larry Mullins.
Tickets for the tour are on sale from nickcave.com on Thursday October 27 at 11am NZT.
The latest NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS album received phenomenal reviews worldwide, topped the charts in eight countries, and gained the band their second #1 album in Australia following 2013’s Push The Sky Away (#1 Feb 2013). Companion film ‘One More Time with Feeling’ – directed by New Zealand born Andrew Dominik - premiered at The Venice Film festival followed by screenings on 8th September in 950 cinemas across 30 countries in what was intended to be a one day screening. The incredible response sees the film return to cinemas from December 1st.
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have sold over 5 million albums worldwide to date, and ‘Skeleton Tree’ is their 16th studio album.
NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS – 2017 AUSTRALIA & NZ TOUR
Presented by Billions Australia
- Tickets on sale Thursday October 27 at 11am NZT
- Friday January 13 | Hobart, Derwent Entertainment Centre
- Sunday January 15 | Ballarat, North Gardens
- Tuesday January 17 | Wellington, TSB Bank Arena
- Wednesday January 18 | Auckland, Vector Arena
- Friday January 20 | Sydney, ICC Sydney Theatre * presented by Sydney Festival
- Saturday January 21 | Sydney, ICC Sydney Theatre * presented by Sydney Festival
- Sunday January 22 | Newcastle, Newcastle Entertainment Centre
- Wednesday January 25 | Brisbane, Riverstage
- Friday January 27 | Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- Saturday January 28 | Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- Sunday January 29 | Adelaide, Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tuesday January 31 | Perth, Perth Arena
“…Cave slipped coolly and violently into his familiar sexy swagger, demanding attention that from then on was impossible to let go.” Iain Shedden, The Australian
“Nick Cave doesn’t so much give a concert as unleash a performance.” Penelope Debelle, Adelaide Advertiser/News Ltd
NEW ALBUM QUOTES
“One of Cave’s most beautifully crafted creations” 4.5/5 The Australian
“Connects more deeply than just about anything he's written” 4.5/5 Sydney Morning Herald
“A masterpiece of love and devastation” 5/5 The Guardian
"A Masterpiece" 5/5 NME